Accessible Boarding on the O-Train
These features can help you get around on the O-Train:
- Accessible entrances at both ends of the platform for easy boarding
- Cooperative seating near the train's entrances for persons with disabilities and for those who may have a hard time standing on a moving train
Two spaces for persons with mobility devices just inside the accessible entrance.
» Mobility device size guidelines (ie: wheelchairs, scooters or other assistive devices)
- Automatic announcement of next stops over the speaker system inside the train
- Visual display of the next stop and time inside the train
- Slip-resistant, low-glare floors
- Lights at the entrances and inside the train to help you board and exit
- Handholds and grab bars
At several stations, there are extenders that lead from the platform to the accessible car. With slightly different train suspensions, track changes with the freezing or warming of the seasons, and a diversity of mobility devices in use, customers may notice changes in the ease of boarding.
If you have any issues with boarding the O-Train, please contact our Accessible Transit Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-842-3636, ext. 52873 (TTY: 613-741-5280).
For more information on the accessibility features on OC Transpo's vehicles and at Transitway stations, please view the Accessibility Features page.