Youth and Child fares
The Customer Service Centre (CSC) located in the Rideau Centre is open.
All other CSCs remain closed until further notice.
If you look older than 12 years old, a free OC Transpo Child photo ID card can help us verify your age. Get yours today at the Rideau Centre OC Transpo Customer Service Centre
- Monthly Youth pass offers discounts for frequent riders 6–19
- Full-time students at Algonquin, Carleton, Saint Paul and uOttawa receive a U-Pass valid for their school term
- Some high school students will receive a Presto card from their school board.
- Contact your school board to see if you qualify before buying a pass!
exact change only
Setting up your Presto card for a Youth discount
Anyone can buy a Presto card with an age-based discount. You can buy it for yourself or on behalf of an eligible person. You must meet eligibility criteria to use the card with a discounted fare. You also need to prove eligibility if requested.
Using your adult PRESTO card to pay for your child's fare (on buses only)
You can pay for your child's fare with your PRESTO e-Purse:
- Let your driver know that you would like to pay an additional child fare.
- Tap your card again.
- Wait for your driver to hand you a transfer for your child.
You cannot pay for more than one fare at fare gates.
Weekends & statutory holidays
A family of up to 6 people (max. two aged 12+) can ride all day on all routes.
Get your DayPass on the bus (using exact change or money from your Presto e-Purse) or from the ticket machine at the O‑Train station (using cash, credit or debit).