Station safety features
Our stations are designed to provide our customers with a safe and secure waiting area. Look for these security features at your station:
- Yellow emergency call boxes are located throughout stations and in each elevator. Press the button to connect with Transit Law.
- Use them if you or someone else needs help or if you feel threatened.
- Jeanne d’Arc station does not have an emergency call box
- To make a free, direct, no-dial call to Security: press the “Security” button found under the number pad.
- Dominion, Heron, Iris, Jeanne d’Arc, Millennium, Pinecrest, Pleasant Park, Queensway, Riverside, Riverview and Walkley Stations do not have a Bell payphone
Taxi pickup zones
- Closed circuit TV cameras monitor major station platforms 24/7
- All stations are patrolled by Special Constables.
Hail any bus or transit employee for assistance
If you’re in trouble, you can flag down any OC Transpo vehicle at the station or approach any employee for help!
Line 1 stations
Line 1 stations are equipped with the features above. In addition, they are designed according to the latest best practices.
Open-concept, well-lit design
Line 1 stations have an inviting, open-concept design that features abundant glass and open sightlines.
Transecure waiting areas
Train and bus platforms have Transecure waiting areas. Transecure areas include:
Keeping customers safely away from the tracks
Tactile warning strips and inter-car barriers secure the platform edge.
Fencing across the line keeps everyone off the tracks and away from passing trains and the electric power supply.
Station safety tips
- Keep to well-lit areas after dark or travel with someone if possible.
- At a stop that serves more than one route, hand-signal the approaching bus you wish to stop. This will let the driver know you wish to board.
- Don’t walk on the Transitway or train tracks except at designated crosswalks. At designated crossings, do not cross when the signals are flashing. Always look both ways before crossing.
- Stand back from the edge of the platform. At O-Train stations, don't wait on the platform extenders.
- Don’t cycle, skateboard or rollerblade in stations — walk your bike and carry your board or skates.
- If you’re lost or feel sick, harassed or threatened:
- Hail any bus
- Speak to any OC Transpo employee
- Use the yellow emergency callbox
- If you have a child in a stroller, take the elevator to get from one level to another.