How will I transfer?
Fare-paid zone at major connecting stations
- No need to go through the fare gate
- O-Train arrives every 5 minutes or less at peak times
Connecting made easy
The O-Train Confederation Line and its stations have been carefully designed to make connections to buses quick, easy and comfortable:
- Trains will arrive every 5 minutes or less at rush hour, will operate frequently throughout the day, and about every 15 minutes after midnight
- Late at night, when the train frequency is every 15 minutes or less, connections at the major transfer stations will be timed and managed between trains and buses
- Hurdman, Blair, Tunney’s Pasture and Bayview stations will have fare-paid zones, so there will be no need to pass through a fare gate
- Integrated bus loops at Hurdman, Blair, Tunney’s Pasture and St-Laurent stations will make connecting even quicker
- Your trips will be more reliable than today and your total travel time, including transfers, will remain comparable
- Spacious platforms with 14 accessible double doors per train will make it easy for everyone to board quickly
- Bus stops, elevators and escalators (at most stations) will be located near station entrances for shorter walking distances
- Clear directional signage will guide you to the right platform
Confederation Line station architecture will make it easy to get oriented by using an inviting open-concept design that features abundant glass and open sightlines.
Tunney's Pasture Station
Clear directional signs will guide you quickly and easily to the train platform:
When you enter a station and go through a fare gate you will be in a “fare-paid zone”.
At Greenboro Station on the Trillium Line (Line 2), buses and trains will enter the fare-paid zone just as they do at Hurdman, Blair and Tunney’s Pasture stations.
Transferring at other stations
If you are not transferring at Hurdman, Blair, Tunney’s Pasture or Greenboro you will need to go through a fare gate before making your way to the train platform.
To open the fare gate, you simply tap your smartcard or scan your paper bus transfer:
- On weekdays, bus transfers will be valid for unlimited travel for up to 90 minutes after you first board the bus. On evenings and weekends the transfer-period will be longer
- If you go through a fare gate before the transfer period expires, the gate will open and no additional fare will be charged