How will it change my trip?
Transit trips will change on Oct. 6
O-Train Line 1 will replace most bus routes travelling through downtown, and will provide a quick, reliable connection between Tunney’s Pasture and Blair. Many bus routes are changing to simplify routing and offer convenient connections to the O-Train.
Check the Ready for Rail Travel Planner
Sample days have been added to the Travel Planner using routes and schedules that are planned to operate with O‑Train Line 1.
Please disregard any dates that may appear in the Ready for Rail Travel Planner. These are sample dates only, needed for the Travel Planner to calculate your trip.
STO routes included in trip plans are based on STO’s current service. Schedules and routing are close to those that will be in place when Line 1 is in service but they may change slightly.
In the upcoming weeks, the Ready for Rail Travel Planner will also include a late-night Friday schedule. On Friday nights, O-Train Line 1 service will be extended until 2 am.
- Choose a day of the week.
- Enter an origin and destination for your trip and choose a departure time:
- Click the blue "Plan your trip" button:
- Several different plans will be listed at the top of the screen. The quickest trip will usually be highlighted in yellow:
Note that sample bus and O-Train schedules do not yet include the following:
- Shopper routes 300-305, which will not change
- Event routes in the 400s and 450s
If you cannot find a travel plan that works for you, try using the maps and other service information available in the Ready for Rail web pages:
Travel Planner quick help
Enter your origin and destination
Lookup an address or a landmark
- Begin typing the address or the name of the landmark
- Select the location from the generated list (see examples below)
|Example of address lookup and selection||Example of landmark lookup and selection|
The street types and landmark names are taken directly from the Google Maps database. They are entered in the language most spoken in the area where they are located, that is in English for Ontario addresses and in French for Quebec addresses.
If you have entered your destination in place of your origin, or if you would like to generate a return trip quickly, you can reverse the order of your entries.
Or just pick a location on the map
- Click once on the desired point on the map
To zoom, click the “+” symbol at the bottom right of the map or press down the CTL key while using the scroll wheel of your mouse.
- Select either “Set as origin” or “Set as destination"