Tax Credit

You may be able to claim a portion of the cost of your transit pass (and those of your dependants) on your Income Tax Return.

Presto card holders

If you bought a monthly pass or have used your e-Purse to pay for at least 32 one-way trips within one month, you are eligible for a Federal Public Transit Tax Credit. If your Presto card is registered, you can print a Transit Usage Report online or, have one sent to you by calling the Presto Call Centre at 1-8-Presto-123 (1-877-378-6123).

To claim the tax credit for the previous year, you need to register your card by Jan. 1. 

Presto Tax Credit FAQ

Paper pass users

To support your claim for the public transit amount, you need to hold onto both your paper vouchers and your photo ID card.

U-Pass holders

If you receive a U-Pass from your college or university, you will be able to claim eligible expenses on your tax return. See your school's U-Pass program page for details:

More information: 

Image text: Presto 1-877-378-6123

Contact PRESTO

To buy, charge or register your card!

Go to

Improved Travel Planner

Link to Travel Planner

Launch Travel Planner
Apple on a pile of books

Fare discounts

For Youth aged 19 and under.

Student fares

E-mail this page