The O‑Train East extension is a major milestone for Ottawa's transit system. The extension of Line 1 from Blair to Trim brings rail access to east-end communities.
We're adding 12.5 kilometres of rail and five brand new stations. Residents of Orléans, Blackburn Hamlet, and Beacon Hill will find themselves within 5 kilometres of light rail.
- Five new stations: Montréal, Jeanne d'Arc, Convent Glen, Place d’Orléans and Trim
- Improved transit access for residents near Montreal Road and Orléans Boulevard
- Better transit service to important hubs including Orléans Town Centre, Canotek Park, La Cité’s Minto Campus, and more
- Pedestrian bridges, cycle-tracks, and multi-use pathways along the new line
- Alstom Citadis Spirit trains for comfort and convenience
- Direct service to attractions including:
- Petrie Island
- Oziles' Marina
- Shenkman Arts Centre
- Place d'Orléans Mall
- Green’s Creek
Line 1 extension, connecting Blair to Trim (Petrie Island) in the East. Stops include Blair, Montreal, Jeanne d'Arc, Convent Glen, and Place d'Orleans (Place d'Orleans Shopping Centre).
Blair – Trim
Linked to bus and Para Transpo networks
Orléans, Blackburn & Beacon Hill ≤ 5km from O‑Train
Linked to VIA Rail station
4 Pedestrian bridges
New places to discover