Lyon Station is an underground station just a few steps away from Sparks Street. The station has two entrances: one located at the southwest corner of Queen and Lyon, and another built into Place de Ville, on the north side of Queen. Most STO customers travelling between Ottawa and Gatineau will transfer here.
|10||Carleton / Hurdman||A|
|16||Tunney's Pasture / Westboro||A|
Using the tour is simple: you can use your mouse to travel through the interior and change levels by clicking the station level guide in the bottom left corner. To read more about station features, click on the red and white ‘O’ button, seen throughout the station.
This tour was filmed in December 2018. Fencing has since been removed.
Please allow some time for the tour to load after pressing the play button.
Fares made easy
- Ticket machines with video chat help
- Fare gates at the station entrance
Navigation and wayfinding
- Clear signage and wayfinding
- Illuminated “O” pylon and lantern box
- Digital departure screens giving estimated train and bus arrival times
- Service maps
- Free OC information phone for trip planning help and answers to all your questions
- Map of nearby destinations (within walking distance)
- Bicycle parking
- Stairway bike ramp to let you easily walk your bike up and down stairs
- Access multi-use pathway within 400 metres
- Dual elevators
- Audible and visual announcements
- Tactile wayfinding tiles & platform edge indicator strips
- Braille/tactile signage
Safety and security
- Transecure waiting area
- Emergency phones
- Platform edge indicator strips
- Video camera monitoring
- Public access defibrillators (in Transecure areas)
Comfort and convenience
- Free Wi-Fi from TELUS!
- Public art
Places of interest within walking distance
- Library and Archives
- Supreme Court of Canada
- Sparks Street Mall
- Constitution Square
- Place de Ville
- Several hotels: Albert at Bay Suites, Radisson, Delta, Marriot, Alt Hotel, Minto One80five, Minto Suites
- Saint Patrick's Basilica
- Sun Life Financial Centre