Quick, reliable, spacious, quiet
- Room for 600 passengers per two-car train
- Electric trains with zero emissions
- Audio and visual station announcements
The O-Train Confederation Line will be served by 17 trains, each made up of two Alstom Citadis Spirit cars. Each two-car train will be able to accommodate up to 600 passengers — 240 seated and 360 standing.
With trains arriving every 5 minutes or less at rush hour, the Confederation Line will be able to carry up to 10,700 passengers per hour, each way.
With 14 fully accessible double doors per train and long and spacious platforms, boarding will be quick and easy.
OC Transpo’s Ready for Rail 360-degree tour of a light rail vehicle is a look at the interior of the vehicle that will service O-Train Line 1, the Confederation Line.
Using the tour is simple: you can use your mouse to travel through the interior and read more about train features by clicking on the red and white ‘O’ button.
This tour of a single car vehicle was filmed on a weekend while the train was parked at Belfast Yard.
Prior to opening to the public, the train will be fit up with the necessary interior signage.
For more information on the O-Train Line 1, the Confederation Line including information on service frequency and destinations please visit www.octranspo.com/ready4rail.
Please allow some time for the tour to load after pressing the play button.
Alstom Citadis Spirit
- Designed for winter:
- Strengthened insulation
- Double-glazed panoramic windows
- Individual car heating
- Heated floors
- Safe and accessible:
- Next-station announcement system with digital screens announcing approaching stations
- Emergency passenger intercoms
- 100% low-floor trains with large entrances level with the station platforms
- High visibility grab bars
- Door operating controls at accessible heights
- Eight cooperative seating areas per train located beside every door
- Slip-resistant, low-glare floors
- 100% electric
- Zero train emissions
- Regenerative braking system providing power to other trains on the line
Opening the doors
When the train arrives at the station platform, the doors will usually open automatically. However, when there are too few riders or when the weather is bad, you will need to push a green button to open the doors.
To open the doors manually:
- An audio message will let you know the train has arrived
- The button on the door will turn green. Simply press it to open.
Avoid holding the train doors open. Holding or blocking the doors will delay the train for everyone. Just wait for the next one. It will arrive every five minutes or less during peak periods.
When boarding, make sure your items (such as backpacks) are fully inside the train to allow the train doors to close. If your item is preventing the doors from shutting, the train will not be able to depart.
When the doors are closing:
- The light above the door will turn red
- The button on the door will turn red
- A sound will chime