Get ready to embark on an enhanced O‑Train journey. With the O‑Train South extension to Limebank and Airport stations, we’re transforming your commute. Enjoy the speed and convenience of state-of-the-art Stadler FLIRT trains.
The line will offer modernized stations, airport connectivity, and reliable service across more neighbourhoods. Whether you're a daily commuter, a student, or a visitor, the O‑Train network is designed with you in mind.
10 things you need to know about the O‑Train South extension
- Reduced travel time: The journey between South Keys and Bayview is about 15 minutes quicker than Line 2 buses. This will restore the rapid service enjoyed on Line 2 before its closure for extension.
- FLIRT Trains: Enjoy higher capacity FLIRT trains. Each new train has 16 doors for efficient boarding. They feature digital screens and comfortable seating.
- A station at the airport: Travelling to the airport? The O‑Train will take you there. Line 4 will provide reliable and frequent service.
- Expanded capacity: With longer platforms, and larger trains, the O‑Train can carry 60 per cent more riders.
- Upgraded stations: Experience new and improved stations. Modern designs, heaters and elevators boost comfort and convenience.
- Easy access for Carleton University students: With a station conveniently located right in the heart of the campus, getting to and from Carleton has never been easier.
- Multi-use pathways: Our new extension is bike friendly. Pathways connect with most stations. Runnels along stairwells help you wheel your bike between station levels. We welcome bikes on trains too.
- Efficient transfers: Fare-paid zones at select stations simplify bus-to-rail transfers.
- Maintenance and storage facility: New Albion Yard increases our capacity for maintaining trains.
- Weather resilience: Alstom Lint trains have proven their resilience in Ottawa's weather. Stadler FLIRT trains successfully run in winter conditions around the world.
Line 2 runs from Bayview in the north to Limebank in the South, with stops at Dow's Lake (Tulip festival), Carleton (University), Mooney's Bay (beach), Greenboro, South Keys (connection to Line 4 to the airport via the EY Centre), Leitrim (Park & Ride) and Bowesville (Park & Ride). Line 2 connects with Line 1, running east to west at its northern terminus, Bayview Station.
Existing bus service will continue alongside the extended O-Train South. Line 2 buses and Route 97 will run for a period after the launch of Lines 2 and 4. Choose between bus or O‑Train for your journey. Stay updated at octranspo.com/en/o-train-extension/extension-news.
Bayview – Limebank
At 16 km in length, Line 2 will pass through more than 16 neighbourhoods and carry more than 23,000 residents daily.
The extension of O-Train Line 2, formerly known as the Trillium Line, is a significant expansion of OC Transpo's transit system. It will greatly enhance connectivity in the south of the city.
This extension will connect Bayview Station downtown to Limebank Road in Riverside South, stopping at Carleton University and more along the way. It also provides a convenient link to Line 4. This new line will offer direct access to the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport.
The Line 2 extension spans eight new stations and 16 kilometres of track. Larger trains will nearly double the line’s capacity. Passing tracks at South Keys and double tracks south of Leitrim to Limebank Road will make operations more flexible.
- Spot Line 2 with its signature green circle symbol
- 4 renovated stations
- Service every 12 minutes
- End-to-end travel time less than 35 minutes (subject to operating conditions)
- Each train will be able to carry up to 420 passengers comfortably
- New maintenance and storage facility at Albion Yard
- Alstom Lint trains, coupled together, will occasionally operate on Line 2 Limebank to Bayview
New places to discover
Airport – South Keys
Introducing the newest addition to the O‑Train network — Line 4.
New Line 4 bypasses city traffic. This new link will take you to the airport.
Line 4 will provide reliable and frequent service to a modern new station directly at the Departures level.
Line 4 seamlessly connects with other lines in the network:
- Connect to Line 2 by transferring at South Keys Station
- Continue to Line 1 and downtown by transferring at Bayview Station
- Spot Line 4 with its signature blue circle symbol.
- 3 new stations and 4 km of rail
- Reach the airport from South Keys in minutes
- Uplands Station is conveniently located at the EY Centre
- Every 12 minutes
- Served by Ottawa-proven Alstom Lint trains
Linked to the bus, Para Transpo and the airport
Linked to VIA Rail
New places to discover