Alerts are notifications about changes to transit service that may impact your normal travel. We try to always post high-priority alerts that have the biggest impact on our customers. These include service updates such as:
- detours due to construction,
- cancelled trips on less frequent bus routes,
- elevator outages at stations,
- O-Train service disruptions,
- bus stops adjustments,
- or general service changes.
When changes to service happens, we aim to let our customers know as soon as possible. Other times, when they occur last minute or we receive information late, we may not create an alert. If a service disruption is lifted early, we will do our best to update the alert.
In addition to alerts, real time information is also available on travel tools such as texting 560560 or checking the Transit Information Screens at stations.
How do I receive alerts?
My Alerts is the best and most reliable way to be the first to know when there are changes to service. A notification gets sent to you via email or text message to let you know that OC Transpo service may be disrupted.
What’s better, customers can customize the type of alert they receive!
- Maybe you regularly take certain routes - select as many or as little routes you want to be notified about.
- Maybe Para Transpo or a specific station is of interest to you - no problem! You won’t receive alerts about anything else.
My Alerts will provide you with the key details of the service disruption, such as the affected routes, stations, and the duration.
Want more details? There will also be a link to the exact alert on octranspo.com. There, further info such as the not in use bus stops, any alternative bus stops, detour routing, and a map may be provided.
Signing up for My Alerts is easy!
- Click Sign up for My Alerts. Provide an email address and password. Click Register.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email inbox. Click the included link to verify your email address.
- Login to My Alerts.
- Choose whether you want to receive alerts in an email or text message, or both. Select your preferred language, English or French.
- If you choose to be notified via text message: Select your service provider in the dropdown menu. Input your cell number. Click Get PIN. A 4-digit PIN number will be sent to your phone. Input this number in the My Alerts portal.
- Select what you want to be notified about.
- Categories: Cancelled trips, detours, route service change, general service changes, news, elevators, or Para Transpo.
- Routes: As many or as little as you want.
- Click Continue to save your settings.
Set it and forget it! If your regular travel changes, you can also easily change these settings at any time.