The U-Pass is a low-cost transit pass that lets full-time students at participating schools ride unlimited on all OC Transpo and STO routes for the academic term. The cost of the U-Pass is included in your student fees. You can get your card from your student association at the start of your full-time school term.
- Accepted as full fare on all OC Transpo routes, including the O-Train Confederation and Trillium and Lines, and on all STO routes
- Valid on Para Transpo, but not in rural areas
- The discounted cost of the U-Pass is included in your incidental student fees. As of Sept. 1 2018, U-Pass fees are $207.52 per term.
for fall and winter students
for spring and summer students
|Sept. 1 to April 30||May 1 to Aug. 31|
Full-time students (including graduate students) at participating schools:
- No age restriction
- Open to Ontario and Quebec residents
- If you live outside OC Transpo and STO’s service area while attending school, you can opt-out of the U-Pass
Contact your student association for full details.
Students living outside of the City of Ottawa, as well as at many of the rural villages and communities inside City borders, may opt-out of the U-Pass program and receive a refund. This includes communities such as Almonte, Carleton Place, Dunrobin, Carp, Osgoode, Russell, Metcalfe, Embrun, and Rockland. Also, Para Transpo users may opt-out if they live in the Para Transpo rural zone.
Click on a school’s name to go to its U-Pass site
|Contact info to discuss exemptions|
|Algonquin College||Registrar’s Office
|Carleton University||Office of Student Affairs
In person: 430 Tory Building
|University of Ottawa||U-Pass Coordinator
In person: Student Federation of the University of Ottawa 85 University Private, Room 07
|Saint Paul University||Student Association Office