New Orchard Station, located in Byron Linear Park just east of New Orchard Avenue, is a brand-new addition to the area. This station is uniquely designed with most of its facilities and system support spaces underground, except for the main entrance where you'll pay your fare and the emergency exits.
- Currently under construction, set to open doors alongside the West Extension launch.
- Located between Sherbourne and Lincoln Fields stations to the west.
- Built as an 'open' station, its platforms are situated below the existing ground level, seamlessly blending into the park's landscape.
STATION IN PHOTOS
- Ticket machines with video chat help
- Fare gates at the station entrance
- Clear signage and wayfinding
- Illuminated “O” pylon and lantern box
- Digital departure screens giving estimated train and bus trip times
- Service maps
- Map of nearby destinations (within walking distance)
- Dual elevators
- Audible and visual announcements
- Tactile wayfinding tiles & platform edge indicator strips
- Braille/tactile signage
- Bicycle parking
- Stairway bike ramps (runnels) to let you easily walk your bike up and down stairs.
- Connection to multi-use pathway
- Transecure waiting area
- Emergency phones
- Platform edge indicator strips
- Video camera monitoring
- Heated designated waiting areas
- Public art
Places of interest within 5 km
- Linear Byron Park
- Carlingwood Shopping Center
- Britannia Beach
- Britannia Yacht Club
- West River Park