About the Community pass
The Community pass is available to Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) recipients and offers a reduced fare on single-ride and monthly passes. With the Community pass, the fare per-ride is about half the cost of a regular fare.
The Community pass is valid as full fare on all OC Transpo bus routes, the O-Train, and Para Transpo trips. This excludes rural trips. In the rural zone, Community pass holders must pay a flat-rate of $10.25.
Community pass eligibility
In order take advantage of Community pass, you need to:
- Receive benefits under the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Live in Ottawa
Renewal no longer required!
You no longer need to renew your pass every two years. Once issued, your Community pass will remain valid for as long as you qualify for ODSP or until you turn 65. When you turn 65, you will qualify for Senior discounts, including no-charge days!
Transit fares effective May 1, 2022
|Presto Community pass
|ParaPay Community pass
|Presto monthly Community pass
|ParaPay monthly Community pass
How to apply
- Have the following information ready before starting your telephone application:
- ODSP number
- Registered Presto card number or Para Transpo ID number, or both
- Call an OC Transpo Customer Service Representative to complete the Community pass application process.
After applying by phone, allow 10 days for your application to be approved. Once approved, your Community pass will be set automatically.
Caution: You must either use your Presto card or purchase your monthly pass within 30 days of the approval for the Community pass to be applied.
To complete your Community pass application, you will need to provide your:
- ODSP number: 9-digit identification number found on a ODSP documents or benefit cheque stubs
- Need to get an ODSP number? Contact your local ODSP office for more information
You will also need to provide at least one of the following pieces of information:
- Presto card number: 17-digit registration number found on the back of Presto cards; or
- Need to get a Presto card? Presto cards can be purchased and registered online, or at participating locations
- Para Transpo ID number
- New to Para Transpo? Para Transpo is transit service open to eligible customers who are unable to take conventional transit (buses and O-Train) some or all of the time due to a disability.