Winter service starts Sunday, December 19, 2021
- Christmas Day and New Year's Day will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Trip adjustments will be introduced to match seasonal ridership.
- NEW special school routes added to serve Earl of March Secondary School, John McCrae Secondary School, Merivale High School, and St. Mother Teresa High School.
- Highway 417 westbound off-ramp at Pinecrest will be closed to all vehicles, including buses, for Stage 2 construction.
- Impacts to various routes due to ongoing construction.
Schedule and service changes
These adjustments reflect seasonal changes in ridership and the changing needs of our customers.
|Christmas Eve||Friday, December 24, 2021||Reduced weekday schedule|
|Christmas Day||Saturday, December 25, 2021||Sunday schedule|
|Boxing Day||Sunday, December 26, 2021||Saturday schedule|
|New Year's Eve||Friday, December 31, 2021||Reduced weekday schedule|
|New Year's Day||Saturday, January 1, 2022||Sunday schedule|
|Local Route 55||
The 6:09 am eastbound trip from The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus to Elmvale Mall will be cancelled due to low ridership.
|Rapid Route 99||
|Limited Local Route 110||
Saturdays and Sundays:
Improvements will be made to school service added in September. Additionally, some trips for French boards will operate Monday, December 20 to Thursday, December 23, 2021 as the French boards' Christmas holiday beings on Friday, December 24, 2021. On other reduced weekdays, when schools are closed, 600-series routes will not operate.
Additional adjustments to school service may be required as the pandemic situation continues to evolve.
Earl of March Secondary School
|Limited Local Route 664|
John McCrae Secondary School
|Limited Local Route 671Limited Local Route 672|
Merivale High School
|Limited Local Route 80Limited Local Route 680|
St. Mother Teresa High School
|Local Route 171Limited Local Route 676|
Highway 417 westbound off-ramp at Pinecrest
At the start of the winter service change, Sunday, December 19, the westbound off-ramp at Pinecrest Road will be closed all vehicles to accommodate Stage 2 construction. All westbound routes that regularly exit at Pinecrest will be affected.
Work on Ottawa roads continues into the winter and could lead to service delays and detours. Check the Alerts page for a full list of ongoing and planned detours.
|Frequent Route 12Frequent Route 14Limited Local route 15Local Route 20||
Montréal Road Revitalization Project
|Connexion Route 228||
Navan Road utility work
|Rapid Route 11Rapid Route 51Limited Local route 153||
Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre
For details regarding the changes being implemented as part of winter service, customers can:
- call the OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at (613) 560-5000 for information on scheduling and other OC Transpo services,
- text 560560 for real-time bus schedule information,
- sign up for SMS alerts or visit the Alerts page for ongoing detours, or;
- download the OC Transpo iPhone app or an independent app.