Transecure is a community watch program on wheels. OC Transpo employees are the eyes and ears on our roads, looking out for the safety of all people and offering a safe haven in any of our vehicles for anyone who needs it (not only transit riders!).
- Our employees are trained to respond to safety and security issues like medical emergencies, break-ins, accidents, fires, suspicious situations or any other incidents when someone feels unsafe or threatened
- We’re on the road 24/7
- We have as many as 1,000 buses, plus the O-Train, mobile cars and service trucks on street during peak hours
- We work with emergency services: three police services – Ottawa Police Service, OPP and RCMP as well as Ottawa Fire, Paramedic Services and Transit Special Constables We handle an average of 3 calls a day
- The Transecure awards recognize employees who provide an outstanding response to safety and security issues
OC Transpo implemented the following security initiatives under the Transecure flagship:
Let OC Transpo Know Campaign
Any incident is one too many, and we continue to encourage our passengers to report any suspicious or criminal behaviour on OC Transpo buses, trains, or anywhere on the transit system to OC Transpo or Ottawa Police Service through the online reporting system or any available channel.
Many stations have a Night Stop. At these stations, after 9 pm all routes serve the Night Stop. Look for the yellow TRANSECURE logo to know where to catch the bus.
The Night Stop is:
- Centrally located, in an open area
- Close to emergency call boxes or payphones
|Station||Night Stop Location|
|Baseline||Stops 1B, 2A
Map of Baseline Station
|Billings Bridge||Stops 3B, 4C
Map of Billings Bridge Station
Map of Hurdman Station
|Lincoln Fields||Stops 3A, 4B
Map of Lincoln Fields Station
|Place d’Orléans||Stops 1B, 2A
Map of Place d'Orléans Station
|South Keys||Stop 1C
Map of South Keys Station
Map of St-Laurent Station
|Terry Fox||Stop 4A
Map of Terry Fox Station
Ask your bus driver!
After 7 pm, you can ask the driver to drop you off at a safe spot along the route closer to your destination. It's as easy as that!