Live Transit Updates
Maintained seven days a week
Daily route changes resulting from detours and cancelled trips are listed here by OC Transpo staff on weekdays, Saturdays until 9 pm and Sundays until 5 pm.
For Travel Planning assistance at a Transitway Station, please call 613-741-4390 or press the free "Info" button on any Bell telephone in the station. For emergency assistance, use the nearest yellow emergency callbox.
The trip is cancelled between Hurdman Station at 14:25 and St. Laurent Station at 15:54. Next trip is 15 minutes later.
There are no updates.
Rideau Street 24/7 Closure, Sussex to Dalhousie (until the end of the year) October 19, 2016 Route 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16x, 18, 85, 94, 95, 96, 97, 106, 403, 450Read More
Revisions to Route 9 and 12 detours: Starting Monday, November 7, 2016, service on detoured Routes 9 and 12 is extended west.
Until the end of the year, Rideau Street between Sussex and Dalhousie will be closed to buses in all time periods, to allow construction to continue on schedule. Buses that normally stop on Rideau Street will serve nearby stops on Rideau at Dalhousie, and on Daly Avenue just east of the Rideau Centre.
► FREE Shuttle connecting ByWard Market & Mackenzie King Bridge
on Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights from 10 pm - 3 am.
The following bus stops will have NO service:
• Rideau Street stops 3A and 4A between Sussex and Dalhousie
• Elgin Street northbound in front of the NAC
• Route 9 bus stops on Bruyère Street
Routes 1 and 7 will use bus stops at the intersection of Rideau and Dalhousie and also on Daly at Nicholas
Routes 2 and 4 will terminate at Confederation Square, at a bus stop on Elgin at Sparks. Route 2 will travel on Slater and Albert instead of Wellington, and will not travel on Bank Street north of Albert.
- Route 9 travelling towards Hurdman will travel on Sussex instead of Dalhousie and Bruyère and will continue to Elgin at all times. Customers will be able to catch their bus on Elgin at Wellington (#7557) as well as at all the stops currently served by this route.
- Route 12 will continue to Bank and Slater during the daytime (before 7 pm) on weekdays. Customers will be able to catch their bus on Wellington (at O'Connor and Metcalfe), on Kent at Queen, Bank at Slater and Mackenzie King Bridge (stop 2A) as well as at all the stops currently served by this route.
- As of November 7, after 7pm, route 12 will end the westbound trip on Daly and not travel to Elgin northbound at the NAC.
The FREE Shuttle to connect the ByWard Market and Mackenzie King Bridge, will continue to operate on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights between 10 pm - 3 am. Shuttle frequency will be determined by demand.
Shuttle Stop Locations:
• Mackenzie King Bridge westbound
• Elgin northbound, south of Wellington
• Temporay stop on Sussex northbound, south of George
• Temporary stop on York eastbound, west of William
From Mackenzie King Bridge, right onto Elgin Street, right onto Rideau/Wellington, left onto Sussex, right onto York, serve temporary stop at York and William, continue on York, right onto Cumberland, right onto Rideau, left onto Waller, right onto Mackenzie King Bridge, ends at westbound stop on Mackenzie King Bridge.
Until 10 am on Monday, December 12, 2016, routes 101, 103, 152 and 182 continue on detour to avoid the construction zone at Nortel's former Carling Campus.
The following stops have been permanently taken out of service:
# 0901 -- Discovery Rd. (east-side) (formerly Nortel) at Access
# 1335 -- North Ring Rd. (east-side) at Access
# 0895 -- Discovery Rd. (west-side) (formerly Nortel) at Access
# 1336 -- North Ring Rd. (west-side) at Access
For service, please catch your bus at the new bus stop # 2125, located on the North Ring Rd Loop (south-side) at North Access Rd.
• To Moodie (Carling Place – Old Nortel): will serve Carling and Moodie, Northern Access, North Ring Road and the new stop on the local loop.
• Trips to Bell High School via Moodie: will serve Carling and Moodie, Northern Access, North Ring Road, the new stop on the local loop, North Rong Rd., Northern Access, Carling and Moodie.
• PM Peak Trips to Moodie via Grandview: will serve Carling/Grandview, Carling, Northern Access, North Ring Road and the new stop on the local loop.
• To Lincoln Fields Station: will serve Carling/Grandview, Carling, Northern Access, North Ring Road and the new stop on the local loop.
• To Moodie: will serve Moodie/Abbott POC Roadway, Moodie, Carling, Northern Access, North Ring Road and the new stop on the local loop.
• Extended Trips to Kanata North via Shirley’s Bay Complex: will serve he new stop on the local loop, North Ring Road and Northern Access.
• To Lincoln Fields Station: will serve the new stop on the local Loop, North Ring Road, Northern Access, Carling and Moodie.
• Extended Trips from Kanata North via Shirley’s Bay Complex: will serve Northern Access, North Ring Road, the new stop on the local Loop, North Ring Road, Northern Access, Carling and Moodie.
Routes 101 & 103:
• Route 101 Bayshore Station will serve Moodie, Carling, Northern Access, North Ring Road, the Local Loop and the temporary stop.
• Route 103 Moodie will serve the stop on Carling at Moodie, continue on Carling, Northern Access, North Ring Road, the Local Loop and serve the temporary stop.
• Route 101 St-Laurent and Route 103 Place d‘Orléans will begin their routes at the temporary stop on Local Loop, then serve North Ring Road, Northern Access, Carling and Moodie.
As of 4 pm on Wednesday, November 30, 2016, the Main Street DETOUR is FINISHED as Main will re-open in the northbound direction between Clegg and Riverdale. Main Street will be fully open in both directions and route 5 St-Laurent and route 16X return to their regular routings.
Elgin St./Hwy 417 Overpass DETOUR FINISHED as of 8 am on Wed., Nov. 30 November 30, 2016 Route 101, 103Read More
As of 8 am on Wednesday, November 30, 2016, the Elgin St. Highway 417 overpass DETOUR is FINISHED and routes 101 and 103 return to their regular routing.
EXTENDED until 5 pm on Friday, December 9, 2016: Route 150 is detoured due to the closure of Navaho Drive between Iris and Agincourt. Route 150 Tunney’s Pasture will serve Iris, Whitmore, Cline, Albany, Agincourt and Navaho. Route 150 Lincoln Fields will serve Navaho, Agincourt, Albany, Cline, Whitmore and Iris.
Bus stops (560 #) NOT in use:
# 2940 -- Iris (south-side) at Navaho
# 4546 -- Navaho (south-side) at Laxton
# 4547 -- Navaho (south-side) at Albany
# 2947 -- Navaho (north-side) at Iris
# 4548 -- Navaho (north-side) at Sherman
# 4549 -- Navaho (north-side) at Albany
For service, please catch your bus at the following temporary stops:
Iris (south-side) at Whitmore (just past the experimental farm pathway)
Cline (south-side) at Albany
Albany (north-side) at Cline
Please allow a few extra minutes for your travel.
Starting on Monday, April 25, 2016 until the fall of 2016, Routes 4, 9 and 12 are detoured due to the closure of Queen St. between Bank and O'Connor. Route 4 eastbound will serve Bronson at Slater, continue on Slater and then serve Elgin. Route 4 westbound will serve Elgin at Queen, continue on Elgin and then serve Albert.. Eastbound routes 9 Hurdman and 12 Blair will serve Kent at Queen, continue on Kent and then serve Wellington; weekdays only.
The following bus stops (560 #) will NOT be in use during the detour:
# 7561 -- Queen St. (south-side) at Bank
# 1368 -- Queen St. (south-side) at Kent
# 1512 -- Queen St. (south-side) at Metcalfe
# 7557 -- Elgin (east-side) at Wellington -- Routes 9 & 12 only
For service on Route 4 eastbound, please catch your bus at:
# 3006 -- Slater (south-side) at Kent
# 3007 -- Slater at Bank
# 3008 -- Slater (south-side)at Metcalfe
For service on Route 4 westbound *, please catch your bus at:
# 3001 -- Albert(north-side) at Metcalfe
# 3002 -- Albert (north-side) at Bank
# 3003 -- Albert (north-side) Kent
* NOTE: Route 4 westbound to Carleton University is currently on detour via Albert Street and will continue to use designated alternative stops, as listed above.
Allow a few extra minutes for your travel.
For service on Routes 9 and 12 eastbound *, please catch your bus at:
# 7693 -- Wellington (south-side) at O’Connor
# 7694 -- Wellington (south-side) at Metcalfe
Temporary stop at Kent (east-side) at Queen
* NOTE: On evenings and weekends, please catch your eastbound route 9 or 12 at the Rideau Centre on Rideau St.
Allow a few extra minutes for your travel.
Over the holiday period between December 24, 2016 - January 6, 2017, all buses and the O-Train will be following reduced schedules. Regular winter service resumes on Saturday, January 7, 2017.
Click on a date below, to go to the corresponding schedules:
|Holiday Date:||Type of Service:|
Saturday, December 24, 2016
|Fall Saturday Service|
Sunday, December 25, 2016
|Winter Sunday Service|
Monday, December 26, 2016
|Winter Saturday Service|
Holiday in Lieu:
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
|Wednesday, December 28, 2016||Reduced Weekday Service|
|Thursday, December 29, 2016|
|Friday, December 30, 2016|
New Year's Eve:
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Winter Sunday Service
FREE service after 8 pm
New Year's Day:
Sunday, January 1, 2017
|Winter Sunday Service|
Holiday in Lieu:
Monday, January 2, 2017
|Winter Saturday Service|
|Tuesday, January 3, 2017||Reduced Weekday Service|
|Wednesday, January 4, 2017|
|Thursday, January 5, 2017|
|Friday, January 6, 2017|
|Saturday, January 7, 2017||
Winter Saturday Service
Back to Regular Winter Service
Winter Service Highlights:
- New winter schedules take effect on most routes on Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25, 2016. Use the Travel Planner to find the best options for your travel this winter.
- Reduced schedules in place over the Holidays
We’re getting ready for rail! Express route changes in preparation for 2018 multimodal service and the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line:
- Converting expresses to 200-series Connexion Routes, routes get new numbers but continue serving same local stops
- We’re getting rid of the express premium on Jan. 1! If you normally purchase (or Auto-renew) an Express pass, make the switch to a regular pass for January at prestocard.ca
- Afternoon stop changes for west-end Connexion (express) routes: most will bypass Westboro, Dominion, Lincoln Fields, Pinecrest and Baseline
- Kanata/Stittsville Connexion (express) routes will all serve Bayshore for better connections to Carling Campus on Moodie
- Combining local and express routes to reduce duplication of service: Routes 30 and 130 combine into revised Route 30, and Routes 120 and 20A become new Route 33
Improved service to Kanata North
- Innovation Park & Ride opens at corner of Innovation and Terry Fox: Routes 63, 64, 165, 166, 660 & 674 all provide service
- Route 93 becomes new all-day Route 63 and revised Route 64
- New fares go into effect Jan. 1
- Route 5 split in two at the Rideau Centre: Route 5 now runs from Billings to the Rideau Centre and Route 19 from Bank at Albert/Slater to St-Laurent (via Mackenzie King Station)
Effective December 25, 2016, the current Route 5 will be divided into two separate routes -- Route 5 and 19 -- to reduce delays and to prepare for connections with the O-Train Confederation Line. Service frequencies and the hours of service will be unchanged.
• New Route 5 will operate between Billings Bridge Station and the Rideau Centre via Main and Elgin.
• New Route 19 will operate between St-Laurent Station and Bank Street via Vanier and Sandy Hill.
Effective on December 25, 2016, the current 'Thursday Shoppers Bus' - route 204 will be renumbered as route 304 and will be extended to serve Osgoode at the Osgoode Community Centre.
Route map, eff. Dec. 25, 2016: 304
Effective December 25, 2016, the departure times of some of the route 162 trips in the evening, will be adjusted to better accommodate shift end times for employees at Tanger Outlets.
Effective December 25, 2016, eastbound trips from Kanata and Stittsville on both routes 63, 64 and the new Connexion routes, will serve Bayshore Station at all times in the morning. This will provide a consistent connection point for customers traveling to the Federal Department of National Defence at Carling Campus on Moodie Drive.
Combination of Orléans Express and Local Routes December 25, 2016 Route 20, 30, 34, 38, 120, 130, 135Read More
Effective on December 25, 2016, transit service in Orléans will be revised where current express and local routes serve the same areas and stops.
• Route 20A will be combined with current Route 120 into NEW all-day Route 33, operating between Avalon and Place d’Orléans Station at all times, with service extended to downtown in the morning peak period and from downtown in the afternoon peak period. Trips to downtown during the morning will stop at the north side Park & Ride platform at Place d’Orléans Station. At all other times, new Route 33 will stop at the main platform at Place d’Orléans Station.
• Route 20B will be renumbered as Connexion Route 233.
• Route 30 will be combined with current Route 130 into NEW all-day Route 30, operating between Millennium Station and Blair Station at all times, with service extended to downtown in the morning peak period and from downtown in the afternoon peak period; thosetrips will continue to operate via Montmère Avenue.
• Route 34 will be revised from a green peak hour route to a red peak hour route. Express fares will not be charged.
• Route 38 will be revised from a green peak hour route to a red peak hour route. Express fares will not be charged.
• Route 120 will be combined with current Route 20A (see above) into NEW all-day Route 33.
• Route 130 will be combined with current Route 30 (see above) into NEW all-day Route 30.
• Route 135 will not operate northbound in the morning or southbound in the afternoon because Connexion Route 235 will provide this service at a regular fare. Morning trips to downtown on Route 235 will stop at the north-side park and ride platform at Place d’Orléans Station.
Effective on December 25, 2016, transit service in Kanata North will be revised to serve Innovation Station. Benefits of the new service include:
• More service and better connections in Morgan’s Grant and Briarbrook communities
• Improved access for employment areas
• Direct service from Innovation Station to downtown on new Routes 63 and 64 in the peak period
• Higher frequency along major corridors
• Coordinated with the 2018 transit network and launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018
• Route 60 replaced by NEW all-day Route 63.
• Route 64 revised to NEW all-day Route 64 and new Route 264, which will replace the southern part of current Route 64 for peak period service between Kanata Lakes, Terry Fox Station, and downtown.
• Route 93 replaced by NEW all-day Route 63.
• Route 165 modified to serve Innovation Station and the Briarbrook community, east of March Road.
• Route 181 modified to operate along Terry Fox, Legget, Solandt, Hines and Innovation Drive to Innovation Station, and renumbered as Route 166.
• Route 182 trips (all) will start/end at 2500 Solandt Road instead of at the Richcraft Recreation Complex and will continue to serve Carling Campus.
Effective on December 25, 2016, most Express routes will be renamed Connexion routes and renumbered in the 200's. The new Connexion routes will require regular fare only. Express fare will no longer be charged. If you normally purchase (or Auto-renew) an Express pass, switch to a regular pass for January at prestocard.ca or in-person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre.
Starting December 28, 2016, west-end Connexion routes will skip some Transitway stations in the afternoon homebound direction after Tunney's Pasture.
• Routes 252, 256, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 267, 268, 269: No service from Westboro to Pinecrest Station. Next stop Bayshore Station.
• Routes 270, 271, 272, 273, 277: No service from Westboro to Baseline Station. Next stop Fallowfield Station.
• Route 283: No service from Westboro to Dominion Station. Next stop Lincoln Fields Station.
NEW Route Numbers December 25, 2016 Route 5, 20, 21, 24, 27, 30, 31, 35, 37, 40, 43, 60, 61, 62, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 77, 93, 120, 130, 140, 181, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205Read More
Effective on December 25, 2016, NEW route numbers will be introduced on many routes throughout the network, including for new Connexion bus routes (former express routes) that will be numbered in the 200s. Routes that will operate all day and will connect with the Confederation Line either are being renumbered with or retain a two-digit number.
Route maps, effective Dec. 25:
5 | 19 | 30 | 33 | 63 | 64 | 166 | 224
231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 237 | 252
256 | 264 | 265 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270
271 | 273 | 277 | 282 | 290 | 293 | 298
301 | 302 | 202 | 304 | 305
On December 25, 2016, a new Park & Ride lot will open at Innovation Station, providing a new option for commuters in Kanata.
• Over 250 FREE parking spaces, with plans for another 480 as demand grows
• Direct service to and from downtown, approximately every 15 minutes during peak periods
• Accessible benches, passenger shelters, and bicycle parking
• A bicycle repair station for cyclists
• Multi-use pathway connecting communities north of Terry Fox Drive to the Richcraft Recreation Complex
• Safety and security features: closed circuit TV cameras and emergency phones
• Public art installation by Lynda Cronin called Tempus (coming in 2017)