Live Transit Updates
Maintained seven days a week
Daily route changes resulting from detours and cancelled trips are listed here by OC Transpo staff on weekdays, Saturdays until 9 pm and Sundays until 5 pm.
For Travel Planning assistance at a Transitway Station, please call 613-741-4390 or press the free "Info" button on any Bell telephone in the station. For emergency assistance, use the nearest yellow emergency callbox.
Important Service Notification
Potential STO labour action – Impact on OC Transpo service
OC Transpo Routes 8, 95, 96, 105, 234, and 293 that serve downtown Gatineau will continue to operate on their current schedules in the event of a disruption to STO service due to a strike. Should a strike occur, OC Transpo service may be delayed due to increased traffic in downtown Ottawa and downtown Gatineau. OC Transpo will keep customers notified of any delays or impacts to service. For the latest info, check our Live Transit Updates, follow our Twitter accounts (@OC_Transpo and @OCTranspoLive), or sign up for our text and email alerts
The trip is cancelled between Carlingwood Mall at 11:06 to Tunney's Pasture Station at 11:24. Next trip is 15 min later.
There are no updates.
NOTE: With the re-opening of Rideau St. to buses, eastbound routes 9 Hurdman and 12 Blair are no longer on detour and return to ther regular routing.
Route 4 continues on detour until further notice, due to the closure of Queen St. between Bank and O'Connor.
• Route 4 Rideau Centre (eastbound) will serve the stop on Slater at Bay, continue on Slater, Elgin, Wellington and then continue on Rideau to the Rideau Centre.
• Route 4 Carleton (westbound) will serve the stop on Elgin at Queen and then continue on Elgin and Albert.
Bus stops (560 #) NOT in use:
# 7561 -- Queen St. (south-side) at Bank
# 1368 -- Queen St. (south-side) at Kent
# 1512 -- Queen St. (south-side) at Metcalfe
For service on Route 4 eastbound, please catch your bus at:
# 3006 -- Slater (south-side) at Kent
# 3007 -- Slater at Bank
# 3008 -- Slater (south-side)at Metcalfe
For service on Route 4 westbound, please catch your bus at:
# 3001 -- Albert (north-side) at Metcalfe
# 3002 -- Albert (north-side) at Bank
# 3003 -- Albert (north-side) Kent
Winter Service Highlights:
- New winter schedules take effect on most routes on Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25, 2016. Use the Travel Planner to find the best options for your travel this winter.
- Reduced schedules in place over the Holidays
We’re getting ready for rail! Express route changes in preparation for 2018 multimodal service and the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line:
- Converting expresses to 200-series Connexion Routes, routes get new numbers but continue serving same local stops
- We’re getting rid of the express premium on Jan. 1! If you normally purchase (or Auto-renew) an Express pass, make the switch to a regular pass for January at prestocard.ca
- Afternoon stop changes for west-end Connexion (express) routes: most will bypass Westboro, Dominion, Lincoln Fields, Pinecrest and Baseline
- Kanata/Stittsville Connexion (express) routes will all serve Bayshore for better connections to Carling Campus on Moodie
- Combining local and express routes to reduce duplication of service: Routes 30 and 130 combine into revised Route 30, and Routes 120 and 20A become new Route 33
Improved service to Kanata North
- Innovation Park & Ride opens at corner of Innovation and Terry Fox: Routes 63, 64, 165, 166, 660 & 674 all provide service
- Route 93 becomes new all-day Route 63 and revised Route 64
- New fares go into effect Jan. 1
- Route 5 split in two at the Rideau Centre: Route 5 now runs from Billings to the Rideau Centre and Route 19 from Bank at Albert/Slater to St-Laurent (via Mackenzie King Station)
As of Friday, January 20, 2017, afternoon trips on routes 101 and 103 that begin at Carling Campus, will now start their routes at stop # 1336, on the west-side of North Ring Road at Access (instead of at stop 0910).
Effective December 25, 2016, the current Route 5 will be divided into two separate routes -- Route 5 and 19 -- to reduce delays and to prepare for connections with the O-Train Confederation Line. Service frequencies and the hours of service will be unchanged.
• New Route 5 will operate between Billings Bridge Station and the Rideau Centre via Main and Elgin.
• New Route 19 will operate between St-Laurent Station and Bank Street via Vanier and Sandy Hill.
Effective on December 25, 2016, the current 'Thursday Shoppers Bus' - route 204 will be renumbered as route 304 and will be extended to serve Osgoode at the Osgoode Community Centre.
Route map, eff. Dec. 25, 2016: 304
Effective December 25, 2016, the departure times of some of the route 162 trips in the evening, will be adjusted to better accommodate shift end times for employees at Tanger Outlets.
Effective December 25, 2016, eastbound trips from Kanata and Stittsville on both routes 63, 64 and the new Connexion routes, will serve Bayshore Station at all times in the morning. This will provide a consistent connection point for customers traveling to the Federal Department of National Defence at Carling Campus on Moodie Drive.
Combination of Orléans Express and Local Routes December 25, 2016 Route 20, 30, 34, 38, 120, 130, 135Read More
Effective on December 25, 2016, transit service in Orléans will be revised where current express and local routes serve the same areas and stops.
• Route 20A will be combined with current Route 120 into NEW all-day Route 33, operating between Avalon and Place d’Orléans Station at all times, with service extended to downtown in the morning peak period and from downtown in the afternoon peak period. Trips to downtown during the morning will stop at the north side Park & Ride platform at Place d’Orléans Station. At all other times, new Route 33 will stop at the main platform at Place d’Orléans Station.
• Route 20B will be renumbered as Connexion Route 233.
• Route 30 will be combined with current Route 130 into NEW all-day Route 30, operating between Millennium Station and Blair Station at all times, with service extended to downtown in the morning peak period and from downtown in the afternoon peak period; thosetrips will continue to operate via Montmère Avenue.
• Route 34 will be revised from a green peak hour route to a red peak hour route. Express fares will not be charged.
• Route 38 will be revised from a green peak hour route to a red peak hour route. Express fares will not be charged.
• Route 120 will be combined with current Route 20A (see above) into NEW all-day Route 33.
• Route 130 will be combined with current Route 30 (see above) into NEW all-day Route 30.
• Route 135 will not operate northbound in the morning or southbound in the afternoon because Connexion Route 235 will provide this service at a regular fare. Morning trips to downtown on Route 235 will stop at the north-side park and ride platform at Place d’Orléans Station.
Effective on December 25, 2016, transit service in Kanata North will be revised to serve Innovation Station. Benefits of the new service include:
• More service and better connections in Morgan’s Grant and Briarbrook communities
• Improved access for employment areas
• Direct service from Innovation Station to downtown on new Routes 63 and 64 in the peak period
• Higher frequency along major corridors
• Coordinated with the 2018 transit network and launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018
• Route 60 replaced by NEW all-day Route 63.
• Route 64 revised to NEW all-day Route 64 and new Route 264, which will replace the southern part of current Route 64 for peak period service between Kanata Lakes, Terry Fox Station, and downtown.
• Route 93 replaced by NEW all-day Route 63.
• Route 165 modified to serve Innovation Station and the Briarbrook community, east of March Road.
• Route 181 modified to operate along Terry Fox, Legget, Solandt, Hines and Innovation Drive to Innovation Station, and renumbered as Route 166.
• Route 182 trips (all) will start/end at 2500 Solandt Road instead of at the Richcraft Recreation Complex and will continue to serve Carling Campus.
Effective on December 25, 2016, most Express routes will be renamed Connexion routes and renumbered in the 200's. The new Connexion routes will require regular fare only. Express fare will no longer be charged. If you normally purchase (or Auto-renew) an Express pass, switch to a regular pass for January at prestocard.ca or in-person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre.
Starting December 28, 2016, west-end Connexion routes will skip some Transitway stations in the afternoon homebound direction after Tunney's Pasture.
• Routes 252, 256, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 267, 268, 269: No service from Westboro to Pinecrest Station. Next stop Bayshore Station.
• Routes 270, 271, 272, 273, 277: No service from Westboro to Baseline Station. Next stop Fallowfield Station.
• Route 283: No service from Westboro to Dominion Station. Next stop Lincoln Fields Station.
NEW Route Numbers December 25, 2016 Route 5, 20, 21, 24, 27, 30, 31, 35, 37, 40, 43, 60, 61, 62, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 77, 93, 120, 130, 140, 181, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205Read More
Effective on December 25, 2016, NEW route numbers will be introduced on many routes throughout the network, including for new Connexion bus routes (former express routes) that will be numbered in the 200s. Routes that will operate all day and will connect with the Confederation Line either are being renumbered with or retain a two-digit number.
Route maps, effective Dec. 25:
5 | 19 | 30 | 33 | 63 | 64 | 166 | 224
231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 237 | 252
256 | 264 | 265 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270
271 | 273 | 277 | 282 | 290 | 293 | 298
301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305
On December 25, 2016, a new Park & Ride lot will open at Innovation Station, providing a new option for commuters in Kanata.
• Over 250 FREE parking spaces, with plans for another 480 as demand grows
• Direct service to and from downtown, approximately every 15 minutes during peak periods
• Accessible benches, passenger shelters, and bicycle parking
• A bicycle repair station for cyclists
• Multi-use pathway connecting communities north of Terry Fox Drive to the Richcraft Recreation Complex
• Safety and security features: closed circuit TV cameras and emergency phones
• Public art installation by Lynda Cronin called Tempus (coming in 2017)
Your music may be your neighbour's noise - please consider others.
See something? Say something!
Help keep our transit system safe and secure.
If something looks suspicious, let us know or call 613-741-2478
Text 560-560 for bus arrival times
Get real-time bus schedules sent to your phone by texting your stop number to 560560!