Let’s get charged up!
The first four battery-electric buses are now in service. Following months of testing and training, we're excited to welcome you aboard.
These 40-foot buses will operate at all times of the day and on several trips and routes to gain experience under a variety of conditions. They will be recognizable by their red and green appearance that promotes their role in reducing City emissions.
The City of Ottawa and OC Transpo are in the early stages of a fleet conversion plan that aims to:
- add 26 battery-electric buses in 2023;
- have 239 zero-emission buses phased into operation by 2025;
- have 450 zero-emission buses phased into operation by 2027;
- phase out diesel buses at the end of their lifespans and achieve a fully zero-emissions fleet by 2036; and,
- reduce greenhouse-gas emissions from City operations by 100% by 2036.