We are committed to providing transit services that are accessible to everyone.
Bus and O-Train
OC Transpo buses and the O-Train are fully accessible. Their low floors allow for easy boarding. We have allocated spaces in each vehicle for customers using assistive or mobility devices.
Many accessibility services and features make taking the bus and O-Train (also known as “conventional transit”) easier.
Conventional transit follows regular schedules and routes. To use the bus and O-Train, you need to get to and from the stop and board the vehicle. You will need to be able to do this on your own or with the help of a support person. Conventional transit lets you travel at your convenience.
Para Transpo is a shared-ride, book-in-advance, door-to-door transit service. We provide this service to eligible registered customers who cannot take conventional transit—some or all of the time—because of a disability.
Even if have registered with Para Transpo, you can still use buses and the O-Train without affecting your eligibility. Regular fares apply to conventional transit.
For more information on registering for Para Transpo, contact:
Lifemark Health Services
Phone and TTY 613-218-8417
PLEASE NOTE that Lifemark is only able to provide information on applications. For other questions, please contact Para Transpo.
It is always best to plan your trip before you leave. Use the Travel Planner to plan your bus or O-Train travel.
Elevators and escalators are important features providing you access to some of our stations and platforms, so please check the elevator status, before leaving home.
Our website and web content conforms to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, at Levels A and AA. By following these guidelines, we make it easier for everyone to access our information.
We are committed to providing inclusive and barrier-free information for all customers. The following communication products are available:
- Accessible website (described above)
- Information and documents on OC Transpo services, policies and programs available upon request in an accessible format (Braille, html or plain text) or with communication supports. Contact us to request information in an alternative format or fill in the City's online form to make a request.
- In addition to the accessible formats available for print and electronic formats, OC Transpo's TTY or teletypewriter line enables persons with hearing disabilities to communicate with OC Transpo staff in a two-way text conversation over the telephone line. TTY service is available by calling 613-741-5280.
For more information on information in accessible formats or with communication supports, refer to the City of Ottawa's Accessible Formats and Communication Supports Procedure.
Feedback on accessible services
For the health and safety of our customers and staff, Customer Service Centres are closed until further notice.
We welcome your feedback about how OC Transpo’s programs and services are delivered to persons with disabilities. Your comments may help us identify areas that need improvement.
There are a number of ways to provide feedback or to receive more information on accessible services:
- Complete the online Customer Relations Feedback Form — Just select the appropriate ‘Service Category’ from the drop-down list on the form and provide as many details as possible so that we can investigate your concerns fully
- Call, email, or write to us
- Visit us in person at any OC Transpo Customer Service Centre
Need more info?
If you need more information on accessible transit, contact our Accessibility Specialists.