ParaPay is a new card-free system that lets you pre-pay your Para Transpo fares. Simply open your account, load money or a monthly pass, then book your trips and ride. No need to carry cash, tickets or a Presto card.
ParaPay cannot be used to pay for trips on OC Transpo buses or the O-Train.
How to get ParaPay
- To open your account, call Customer Service and give your Para Transpo ID number.
If you want be able to load your account online, you also need to:
- Provide your email address
- You will then receive an email with instructions on how to activate your account and load money or a pass
Book your trips and ride — Your fare is automatically paid when you book, and if you cancel, your account will be reimbursed.
You can load your ParaPay account with money to pay-per-ride (ParaPurse), a monthly pass (ParaPass) or both.
There are four convenient ways to load your account:
|Ways to pay
|Accepted payment methods
*Approved banks: RBC and Scotiabank
|Visit a Customer Service Centre
City of Ottawa
Please include your name and Para Transpo ID.
ParaPurse lets you deposit money to your account and pay for your Para Transpo trips as you go. A minimum $10.00-load is required when adding funds to ParaPurse.
You can use the funds in your ParaPurse to:
- Put towards the cost of a monthly ParaPass
ParaPass is a paperless monthly pass that lets you take unlimited trips on Para Transpo during the month. ParaPasses cost the same as Presto passes.
You cannot use your ParaPass:
- Aboard OC Transpo buses and the O-Trains:
- You will need to load your monthly pass onto a Presto card in order to use it to pay for both OC Transpo and Para Transpo trips.
- You will need to provide your Presto card number to Para Transpo or show a Presto proof of purchase (Query Receipt) upon boarding when you use a monthly Presto pass on Para Transpo.
To pay for trips inside Para Transpo's rural fare zone:
- You will need to use money from your ParaPurse or cash to pay the one-way flat rate of $10.25 (children aged 12 and under ride free).
- Rural fare zones map PDF
Check out our step-by-step ParaPay help.