O-Train Line 1 has arrived!
O-Train Line 1 is now open!
Line 1 hours of operation
O-Train Line 1 operates from the early morning into the late evening every day of the week. On holidays, the train will run on a Sunday schedule.
|Day||Opening hours||Train frequency|
|Monday – Thursday||5 am — 1 am||
|Friday||5 am — 2 am||
|Saturday||6 am — 2 am||
|Sunday & Holidays||8 am — 11 pm||
Each night Line 1 will close for train and track maintenance. Night routes will replace the train overnight, providing bus service to the stations along Line 1 and into nearby neighbourhoods.
Take a ride on Line 1
Line 1 provides fast, reliable service from Tunney's Pasture in the west to Blair in the east. From end to end, a trip on Line 1 takes approx. 24 minutes.
- Transfer from one of over 100 bus routes that connect to O-Train stations
- Look for the big red symbol to find stations
- Ride your bike – you can bring your bike on the train or park it at any station
- Walk with or ride a mobility device – dual elevators bring you to platform-level in all stations
How to pay
- A trip on the train costs the same as on the bus
- The normal 90-minute transfer period applies between the bus and train and vice versa
- Use your Presto card or barcoded transfer from the bus
- Purchase a ticket at the station - cash, credit, and debit can be used at ticket machines
- Ticket machines include video-chat with customer service if you need help
- On no-charge Sundays and Wednesday for seniors, tap your Presto card at the fare gates. Don't tap your card on the bus.
- STO Multi Cards and paper transfers can be scanned at Line 1 fare gates
3-week transition period
Trains begin running September 14. All bus routes will remain in place for 3 weeks.
OC Transpo staff will be present at all Line 1 stations and riding the train to help you navigate the new system.
Blair Station changes effective Sept. 14
New bus and train platforms will open on Saturday, Sept. 14. Bus routes will serve new stops closer to the Line 1 platform.
On Sunday, October 6, bus service will change across the network.
Bus routes are changing to simplify routing and provide frequent, reliable connections to Line 1. As part of the #ReallyBigServiceChange, some bus routes will also be renamed and renumbered.