Feel confident riding OC Transpo
If you are feeling sick, stay home and do not use transit. Take the online self-assessment.
Ride with confidence throughout your trip.
From boarding the bus to exiting the fare gate, our commitment to the highest standards of health and safety is with you every step of the way.
Keep your eyes peeled for safety signs across our transit system.
Commitment to safety
- OC Transpo is the first Canadian transit agency to join the American Public Transportation Association’s (APTA) “Health and Safety Commitments Program”.
- We've earned the Seal of Commitment by adopting practices and policies to help make our transit system as safe as possible.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the Seal of Commitment across our transit system.
Across the network
Total signs installed: Approx. 9,100
- Keep your mask on and keep smiling.
- Signage is installed to remind customers not to ride transit if they're sick.
- On buses, trains and Para Transpo vehicles, the air is being filtered and exchanged every 2 minutes or less. A gulp of fresh air comes into every vehicle each time the doors open.
- We're keeping your rides clean around the clock.
Total signs installed: Approx. 1,200
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at every Line 1 station and most Transitway stations.
- Ticket machines, fare gate card readers and doors, and other high-traffic areas receive enhanced cleaning throughout the day.
- Overnight deep cleaning focuses on disinfecting all touched surfaces.
- Markings on the train platform in Line 1 stations help you keep a safer distance from other riders.
On the train
Total signs installed: Approx. 700
- Board at any door. Customers with bicycles should board at the first door of the train.
- Common touch surfaces on in-service trains are wiped down with disinfectant every 8 hours.
- Keeping it fresh - the air on trains is filtered and exchanged about every minute.
On the bus
Total signs installed: Approx. 5,100
- Board at the front of the bus and exit at the back of the bus, if possible.
- A plastic shield surrounding the operator makes front-door boarding and using the space at the front of the bus safer.
- Pay using touch-free methods, including dropping cash fares into the fare box and obtaining a transfer, or tapping a Presto card.
- Keeping it fresh - the air in buses is filtered and exchanged every 1-2 minutes.
- All common touch points on a bus are cleaned and disinfected before going into service.
On Para Transpo
Total signs installed: Approx. 400
- All Para Transpo operators wear additional Personal Protective Equipment, including surgical masks and face shields.
- We're cleaning your ride after every trip.
- Keeping it fresh - the air on Para Transpo minibuses is filtered and exchanged about twice every minute.
- Para Transpo fares can be paid touch-free using ParaPay. Operators will accept cash payments as well.
- Until further notice, Para Transpo taxis will carry only one customer per taxi. If the customer has a support person or companion, they will ride in the same taxi.
- Holiday booking requests are continuing and can be submitted using the online reservation form or by calling 613-244-7272.