Para Transpo COVID-19 Vaccination Trip Reservations
Starting Thursday, March 4, 2021, a temporary dedicated Para Transpo COVID-19 Vaccination Trip Reservation telephone line will be available to Para Transpo customers booking trips to get COVID-19 vaccinations.
OC Transpo will also be working with OPH to help transport residents who are not registered Para Transpo customers but who require accessible-friendly vehicles to and from designated vaccination clinics.
How to book a trip on Para Transpo for vaccination appointments
Para Transpo Customers:
- Customers must schedule their COVID-19 vaccination appointment with Ottawa Public Health (OPH) before booking a trip
- Customers can call 613-842-3600 to book a Para Transpo trip to take them to their COVID-19 Vaccination clinic
- This phone line will be available from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm every day
- Trips can also be booked online using our Para Transpo Reservation web form
- Trips must be booked at least one day in advance
- The same cancellation process applies to vaccination trips as apply to regular Para Transpo trips
- At drive-thru vaccination clinics, Para Transpo will only drop-off and pick-up clients
- Para Transpo vehicles will not wait or be used as drive-thru vehicles. Clients are advised to confirm drive-thru options with the specific clinic prior to booking Para Transpo trips
- Clients should expect to wait the normal one-hour in between their drop-off and pick-up times
Customers who are not currently enrolled with Para Transpo but require accessible-friendly vehicles to and from designated vaccination clinics:
- At the time of booking your vaccination appointment, please indicate that you are in need of an accessible vehicle. OPH staff will assist in connecting you with community partners or Para Transpo to arrange transportation
The temporary dedicated phone line will make booking a trip to get a COVID-19 vaccination quicker for registered Para Transpo customers. The availability of Para Transpo services to non-registered customers will provide rapid access to customers needing accessible service as they will not need to register as Para Transpo customers.
Para Transpo trips on taxis will continue to be limited to one customer per vehicle (plus a support person or companion) and trips on Para Transpo mini-buses to three customers per vehicle.