Enhanced real-time bus arrivals!
We’ve recently made some updates to improve your trip-planning experience.
Real-time predictions are now available on most trips up to 30 minutes before the trip begins. This allows you to see the predicted time of your bus's arrival before it starts its route, offering a more accurate alternative to the scheduled time.
This information is available across our customer information channels:
- Transit: Our recommended mobile app.
- Transit information screens: Located at stations for convenient on-site updates.
- 560560 SMS service: Quick updates via text messages (Standard rates apply).
- 560-1000 automated schedule number: For those who prefer phone-based information.
- Next departures tool on our home page: A user-friendly online schedule lookup tool.
- Independent apps: Diverse options for accessing transit information.
If you’re using Transit, the recommended app for OC Transpo customers, you’ll notice a few additional changes:
- Trip cancellations visibility: All trip cancellations are now clearly listed in the app.
- Fun features in GO: Collect points and climb the leaderboard when you use GO!
- Improved GO crowdsourcing feature: This feature now anonymously tracks vehicle locations, significantly enhancing the accuracy of in-app arrival predictions.
Ongoing improvements and future updates
We’re continuing to improve our real-time data and will share more information as our updates roll out.
For more information on our real-time data in the meantime, check out our page on Real-time information.