January 30 to February 9 - Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard at Highway 174 Interchange - Ramp Closure and Night Work
As part of the Stage 2 O-Train Light Rail Transit (LRT) project, motorists travelling on Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard northbound should anticipate impacts to traffic as crews complete necessary construction activities.
Nightly closure of the Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard northbound on-ramp to Highway 174 eastbound.
Work is anticipated to take place from Monday, January 30 to Friday, February 9 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. nightly, excluding weekends. This schedule is subject to change.
Access road construction for noise wall construction.
Highway 174 eastbound at Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard.
The construction work outlined in this notice is subject to change. Work may be delayed or extended due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Residents near the interchange can expect the following construction activities to take place during the night:
- Excavators, bulldozers, and compactors will be used to construct the access road. Noise from equipment will be audible and some equipment may cause vibrations.
- Trucks will deliver material to the site. Noise from equipment and moving of material will be audible.
- Noise and vibration monitors will be in place.
- Site lighting and generators will be used to power lights which are a safety requirement for overnight work. Crews will place and/or direct the light away from residences to mitigate any impacts.
- Night work is needed at times to accommodate work that requires traffic closures that cannot be done during the day, thus mitigating impacts on the travelling public.
- Motorists should adhere to detours, traffic control signage, posted speed limits, allow for added travel time and use extra caution when moving through active construction corridors as traffic patterns change.
- Pedestrians and cyclists should use extra caution and adhere to posted signage when localized detours are in-place, to ensure safety.
- For residents whose property borders Highway 174, equipment in the area may cause additional noise and vibration as the work progresses.
The City of Ottawa thanks residents for their patience as we work to complete these construction activities.
The safety of the public and workers is paramount. Thank you for your patience during construction.
Please note: For your awareness, the following link ottawa.ca/trafficimpacts should be used to view updates or changes to traffic impacts (this link is updated on Fridays by 12 noon).
To receive electronic updates please sign up at octranspo.com/o-trainx and select updates for “Jeanne d’Arc Station”. For other accommodations, or questions, please contact:
Stage 2 Team
Rail Construction Program | Programme de construction du train léger
Transit Services Department | Direction générale des transports
City of Ottawa | Ville d’Ottawa
octranspo.com/o-trainx | Extension de l'O-Train | OC Transpo