Nov 3 - 6: Highway 174 from Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard to Trim Road - Lane Reductions and Full Closure
As part of the O-Train Extension project, motorists travelling Highway 174 eastbound and westbound between Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard and Trim Road should anticipate impacts to traffic as crews complete necessary construction activities.
- Lane reductions will be in place on both eastbound and westbound Highway 174 between Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard and Trim Road.
- Highway 174 eastbound will be fully closed at Place d’Orléans Drive and a detour will be in place.
Friday, November 3 at 7:00 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. on Monday, November 6.
Paving of highway shoulders.
Highway 174 eastbound and westbound between Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard and Trim Road.
The construction work outlined in this notice is subject to change. Work may be delayed or extended due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Highway 174 Eastbound – Motorists travelling eastbound on Highway 174 will exit at Place d’Orléans Drive, continue east on Place d’Orléans Drive, and then re-enter Highway 174 using the Highway 174 Place d’Orléans Drive eastbound on-ramp.
- Site lighting will be in place for overnight work.
- Excavation and grading that could include use of excavators, bulldozers, and compactors.
- Noise from equipment will be audible and some equipment may cause vibrations.
- Trucks bringing granular material and hauling away excavated materials may be visible and noise from equipment will be audible.
- Asphalt being laid which may result in audible noise and some vibration from equipment.
Motorists should adhere to detours, traffic control signage, posted speed limits, allow for added travel time and use extra caution when moving through active construction corridors as traffic patterns change.
Please note: For your awareness, the following link ottawa.ca/trafficimpacts should be used to view updates or changes to traffic impacts (this link is updated on Fridays by 12 noon).
To receive electronic updates please sign up at Ottawa.ca/Stage2connect and select updates for “Jeanne d’Arc Station”, “Convent Glen Station”, “Place d’Orléans Station” or “Trim Station”. For other accommodations, or questions, please contact:
Stage 2 Team
Rail Construction Program | Programme de construction du train léger
Transit Services Department | Direction générale des transports
City of Ottawa | Ville d’Ottawa