Alstom Citadis Spirit trains
The O-Train Line 1 is served by 15 trains, each made up of two Alstom Citadis Spirit cars.
This tour of a single car train was filmed before the launch of Line 1. The train has since been fit up with interior signage.
Using the tour is simple: use your mouse to travel through the interior. Read about train features by clicking on the red and white ‘O’ button.
Please allow some time for the tour to load after pressing the play button.
Each train has:
- Room for up to 600 passengers — 240 seated and 360 standing.
- 14 fully accessible double doors to make make boarding quick and easy.
- Designed for winter:
- Strengthened insulation
- Double-glazed panoramic windows
- Individual car heating
- Heated floors
- Safe and accessible:
- Next-station announcement system with digital screens announcing approaching stations
- Emergency passenger intercoms
- 100% low-floor trains with large entrances level with the station platforms
- High visibility grab bars
- Door operating controls at accessible heights
- Eight cooperative seating areas per train located beside every door
- Slip-resistant, low-glare floors
- 100% electric
- Zero train emissions
- Regenerative braking system providing power to other trains on the line
In 2017, the City of Ottawa ran a Name the Trains Contest. Children and youth aged 16 and under were invited to name O-Train Line 1 and Line 2 trains.
The chosen names for Line 1 are:
- Agnes Macphail
- Amik • Beaver
- Bertha Wilson
- Billy Bishop
- The Canada Goose
- Emily Carr
- Farley Mowat
- George Brown
- Gord Downie
- Henrietta Edwards
- Jacques Cartier
- John McCrae
- Lord Stanley
- Louis Riel
- Majestic Moose
- Maple Taffy
- The Mountie
- Nathan Cirillo
- Samuel de Champlain
- Thomas D'Arcy McGee
- Wagosh • Fox