Station accessibility features
O-Train stations have the following features:
- Transecure waiting areas on train platforms have benches and tactile/Braille signs indicating the direction of service
- Dual elevators at all 13 stations
- Escalators at 9 stations
- Black-and-white directional signs throughout the station
- Maps and signs using high-contrast and legible colours and symbols
- Back-lit signs stretching the length of the platform provide the station name. The signs are easily visible from inside an arriving train.
- Audio announcements of the train’s arrival
- Service alerts posted on the platform info screens and announced on the public-address system.
- Accessible fare gates for customers using mobility devices, strollers, and bicycles. Each gate has two card readers at different heights so you can choose the reader that works best for you. Visual and audio feedback let you know your fare was successfully read.
- Ticket machines have a video and an audio interface. The video-chat option lets you speak with customer service for support. The machines have lit up controls and raised text and Braille instruction panels.
Our bus stations have the following features:
- Elevators and escalators (at some stations) to help you move from one level to another
- Walkways and ramps
- Textured surfaces at most stations warn you when you are close to the platform edge
- Firm and slip-resistant ground and floors
- Yellow emergency call boxes to request assistance if you are stranded or concerned about your safety
- Benches to allow you to sit and rest
- Emergency phones
- Service alerts posted on the platform info screens
- Accessible parking spaces at Park & Ride lots.
Loop System at Customer Service Centres
Lincoln Fields, Rideau Centre and Orléans Customer Service Centres have loop systems.
The counter loop is an assistive listening device. It helps communicate with persons who use a hearing aid or cochlear implant.
The loop’s telecoil (T-switch) can transfer the sound directly to your hearing aids without the interference of background noise.