Station accessibility features
These features can help you get around our stations:
- Elevators and escalators are provided at some stations to assist you in moving from one level to another
- Walkways and ramps provide barrier-free access
- At downtown stops along the Transitway where OC Transpo has a "one-stop" boarding policy, customers who may have difficulty boarding along the platform, may choose to wait at the bus stop flag and signal the bus to make a stop. In some locations, such as the eastbound platform of Mackenzie King Station, this accessible boarding location is marked with an International Symbol of Access (ISA), the stylized picture of a person using a wheelchair.
- Textured surfaces at most stations warn you when you are close to the platform edge
- Firm, stable and slip-resistant ground and floor surfaces
- Yellow emergency call boxes allow you to request assistance if you are stranded or concerned about your safety
- Benches to allow you to sit and rest
- Pay telephones provide free, one-button access to Transit Information for travel planning assistance and to Transit Security in the event of an emergency
- Accessible parking spaces at Park & Ride lots.