Where and how to pay
How to pay your fare
O-Payment is an easy and convenient way to pay an Adult fare*, and is now accepted on all buses and O-Train Line 1 fare gates. Tap your credit card or mobile wallet on the fare reader and be on your way! You can check your trip history or download a receipt at o-payment.octranspo.com.
When transferring between trips on buses and the O-Train, use the same card to pay each time. You won’t be charged again if you are within the regular transfer window. On credit card payments, daily fares are capped at the price of a DayPass ($11.25) and monthly fares are capped at the price of an Adult monthly pass ($125.50).
Currently the only accepted payment methods are Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
O-Payment is not available on STO. If you regularly transfer between OC Transpo and STO, consider paying with a Presto card or cash.
*O-Payment will only charge an Adult fare. If you are eligible for a discounted fare, use a monthly pass, or transfer regularly to STO, Presto is still your best option.
Monthly passes go on sale 14 days before the start of the month. A monthly pass is only valid during the calendar month for which it is purchased. Passes are open to Ontario residents only.
For discounted passes, you must set your discount before loading your pass. All discounts can be applied at our Customer Service Centres. You can set your age (Child, Youth or Senior) at participating Shoppers Drug Mart locations as well.
Cash lets you pay for your trip without buying your fare in advance. It is the most expensive payment option. If you expect to make 3 or more one-way trips on the same day, opt for a DayPass instead.
Using cash on the bus:
Make sure you have the exact amount on you. The driver and fare box can’t make change.
- Board by the front doors.
- Deposit your money in the fare box.
- Wait for your transfer to print before making your way to your seat.
To pay using cash an O-Train station, you will need to use a Ticket machine.
DayPass and multi-day pass
The one-day DayPass and multi-day pass lets you ride on OC Transpo, Para Transpo and STO from the time of purchase until it expires. To ride, just tap your one-day DayPass or multi-day pass at the fare gate or show it to the operator as you board the bus.
A one-day DayPass is valid for unlimited travel all day, for one person. On weekends and specified holidays, use a one-day DayPass as a 2-for-1 DayPass!
On weekends and statutory holidays, the one DayPass can be used as a 2-for-1 DayPass (valid for two customers aged 13 or older). A single DayPass or two DayPasses may be presented as a 2-for-1 DayPass. A Multi-Day Pass is NOT valid as a 2-for-1 DayPass.
A DayPass can be purchased on a conventional bus or at a ticket machine. A Multi-Day Pass may be purchased at a ticket machine only.
Day Passes apply to regular fares only and are NOT valid for Para Transpo rural zone fares.
|Multi-day pass||3 days||$27.75|
DayPasses are for immediate use only and expire at the time indicated:
|Expiration from time of purchase|
The next morning at 3 am
Three days later at 3 am
Example: If you buy a 3-DayPass on Monday, it will expire on Thursday morning
Five days later at 3 am
Example: If you buy a 5-Day Pass on Monday, it will expire on Saturday morning
Seven days later at 3 am
Example: If you buy a 7-Day Pass on Monday, it will expire the following Monday morning
Where to buy your one-day DayPass and multi-day pass
The one-day DayPass and multi-day pass are available for sale at Ticket machines. Ticket Machines accept credit, debit or cash.
The one-day DayPass is also available on buses. Just ask your bus driver as you board.
On Saturdays, Sundays and select statutory holidays (see below), two people aged 13 or older can ride all day on a single DayPass ($11.25)!
You can use the one-day DayPass as a 2-for-1 DayPass on these holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Family Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Civic Holiday
- Labour Day
- Boxing Day
You can only use the one-day DayPass as a 2-for-1 DayPass on the holiday itself, even if the holiday falls on a weekend and is celebrated on another day.
The one-day DayPass cannot be used to pay the fare of two people aboard STO routes but it can be used to pay a single person’s fare.
Where to buy
You can buy a Presto card, load a pass or money onto your card and check your card balance at many convenient locations.
If you qualify for a discount (such as EquiPass), don’t forget to set your discount before you load your card!
OC Transpo Customer Service Centres (CSCs)
ServiceOttawa Client Service Centres
Select Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaws families of stores
On the bus
Shoppers Drug Mart
The following Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Ottawa can sell and instantly load Presto cards.
- Albert Street, 111 Albert Street, Unit #110
- Alta Vista, 1559 Alta Vista Drive
- Bank & Findlay, 4744 Bank Street, Unit 1
- Bank & Gladstone, 455 Bank Street
- Bank & Heron, 1582 Bank Street
- Bank & Laurier, 174 Bank Street
- Bank & Sunnyside, 1080 Bank Street
- Bank & Walkley, 1180 Walkley Road
- Bank Street & Hunt Club Road, 2446 Bank Street
- Barrhaven, 3781 Strandherd Drive
- Beacon Hill Shopping Centre, 2339 Ogilvie Road
- Bells Corners, 1821 Robertson Road
- Blackburn Shopping Centre, 2638 Innes Road
- Brittany Medical, 595 Montreal Road
- Carling Avenue, 3080 Carling Avenue
- Chapman Mills, 3151 Strandherd Drive
- Convent Glen Shopping Centre, 6491 Jeanne d'Arc Blvd
- Dalhousie & Clarence, 298 Dalhousie Street
- Eagleson & Stonehaven, 680 Eagleson Road
- Fairlawn Plaza, 2148 Carling Avenue, Unit #1
- Fallingbrook Centre, 1675 Tenth Line Road
- Greenbank & Bellman, 181 Greenbank Road
- Hazeldean & Huntmar, 5709 Hazeldean Road
- Hunt Club Centre, 3310 McCarthy Road
- Innes Road & Portobello Boulevard, 1937 Portobello Boulevard
- Meadowlands Drive, 888 Meadowlands Drive E
- Mer Bleue, 3940 Innes Road
- Merivale & Baseline, 1469 Merivale Road
- Merivale Mall, 1642 Merivale Road
- Mitch Owens & River, 5230 Mitch Owens Road
- Montreal & St. Laurent, 541 Montreal Road
- Montreal Road, 150 Montreal Road
- Montreal Road Pharmacy, 876 Montreal Road
- Morgan's Grant, 1102 Klondike Road, RR #1
- Place d'Orléans & St. Joseph, 2954 St. Joseph Boulevard
- Richmond & Carling, 1460 Richmond Road
- Rideau & King Edward, 322 Rideau Street
- Rideau Centre, 50 Rideau Street
- River & Earl Armstrong, 647 Earl Armstrong Road
- Rockland, 2755 Laurier Street
- Shoppers City East, 2012 Ogilvie Road, Bldg A1
- Signature Centre, 499 Terry Fox Drive
- Southgate, 2515 Bank Street
- St. Laurent Shopping Centre, 1200 St. Laurent Boulevard
- Stittsville, 1300 Stittsville Main Street, Unit 101A
- Tenth Line & Brian Coburn, 2301 Tenth Line Road
- The Glebe, 702 Bank Street, Unit 700
- The Glebe Apothecary, 778 Bank Street
- Van Leeuwen Centre, 420 Hazeldean Road
- Westboro, 410 Richmond Road
- Westgate Shopping Centre, 1309 Carling Avenue
- 2210C Bank Street
- 1980 Baseline Road
- 2085 Carling Avenue
- 200 Earl Gray Drive
- 3201 Greenbank Road
- 64 Isabella Street
- 100 McArthur Avenue
- 1460 Merivale Road
- 1980 Ogilvie Road
- 363 Rideau Street
- 2065A Robertson Road
Real Canadian Superstore locations
- 760 Eagleson Road
- 4270 Innes Road
- 190 Richmond Road
Your Independent Grocer
- Laura's Your Independent Grocer, 1910 St. Laurent Boulevard
Single-ride ticket and cash fare
Single ride tickets and transfers allow for unlimited travel or transfer from the time they are issued until they expire.
On the bus
DayPass and multi-day pass
One-day DayPasses and multi-day passes are available for sale at Ticket machines. Ticket Machines accept credit, debit or cash.
One-day DayPasses are also available on buses. Just ask your bus driver as you board.
|Accepted payment methods|
On the bus
*Ticket Machines cannot accept $100-bills.
Where to set a fare discount on a Presto card
All OC Transpo Customer Service Centres (CSCs):
Participating Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaws family of stores