Where will I buy my fare?
Ticket machines at every station
- Buy a new Presto card
- Load your Presto card
- Buy a single-ride ticket or DayPass
- Video-chat with Customer Service
- Pay with cash, debit or credit
Location of fare gates and ticket machines at uOttawa Station
You can also load your Presto card in advance online at prestocard.ca, by calling 1-8-PRESTO-123 (1-877-378-6123) or in person by visiting an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre, a select City of Ottawa Client Service Centre or a participating Shoppers Drug Mart store.
Easy to use and accessible
The ticket machine’s many features will make your fare-buying experience as easy as possible:
- Simple and intuitive interface — just follow the on-screen instructions
- Bilingual (English and French) instructions and commands
- Clear audio and video interface
- Video chat help lets you speak with an OC Transpo customer service agent who will help guide you through the process and answer all your fare-related questions
- Braille and raised text identifies important function keys (such as the “OK” button) and machine components (smartcard reader)
- Controls at accessible height
Video chat help
Touch the button on the screen to launch video chat. Video-chat help lets you speak with an OC Transpo Customer Service agent. The agent can help:
- Guide you through your fare purchase
- Get you through the fare gates if you have valid fare that isn’t machine-readable
- Answer all your fare-related questions
Using audio support to access video-chat help
- Plug your headphones into the audio jack. You will find the jack below the bottom left corner of the touch screen. The jack is labelled AUDIO in raised text and Braille.
- Follow the audio prompts. Use the payment PIN pad to control the Ticket Machine. You will find the PIN pad indented into the far right of the machine.