New fares starting New Year’s Day
The following fare changes have gone into effect on Jan. 1, 2017:
- Express premiums fares are eliminated. All routes, including Connexion routes (former express routes) will require regular fare only.
- Morning peak-period trips on Para Transpo service no longer require a premium fare or top-up.
- Cash and e-Purse fare prices are more closely aligned.
- Student monthly pass replaced with a new Youth monthly pass, open everyone 19 and under.
- Community Pass holders who are Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) recipients are no longer required to top-up on Para Transpo.
- New Access Pass for Para Transpo customers who are not ODSP recipients. The Access Pass offers unlimited travel on conventional service (bus and O-Train) and a one-third discount from the single-ride cash fare (you pay only $) for trips on Para Transpo. The Access Pass costs the same as the Community Pass.
Fare prices effective Jan. 1, 2017
|Adults & Youth 13+||$||2||$|
|Children 5 and under||Free|
|*Bus tickets cannot be used on the O-Train or STO buses.|
|Presto card||$ + minimum load $10-value|
|Tickets*||$ each or $ for a sheet of 6|
|Adult photo ID card||$|
|Senior photo ID card||$|
|Child (12 and under) photo ID card||Free|
|Gold Permit parking pass||$ per month|
|Regular Park & Ride parking permit||$ per month|
Para Transpo fares
|Adults and Youth 13–19||$||2|
|Children 5 and under||Free when accompanied by an adult who pays the applicable fare.|
Per ride top-up for monthly pass holders
See monthly pass prices above.
|All other passes||No top-up required|
One-way trip between a rural zone and the urban area
Para Transpo Fare Zone Map
Click map to enlarge or download PDF of Para Transpo Fare Zone map
Starting on New Year’s Day, you will be able to ride all routes, including Connexion routes (former Express routes) for the regular fare price.
If you normally purchase an Express pass, you will only need to buy a Regular pass for January.
If you are purchasing a December Express pass, please do not set up an Auto-renew contract. If you have an Auto-renew contract for an Express pass, your contract will be automatically cancelled on Dec. 15. Please set up a new Auto-renew contract or buy a Regular pass for January at prestocard.ca or by calling 1-877-378-6123.