Infrastructure Canada’s Zero Emission Transit Fund invests in ZEBs
The Treasury Board of Canada has approved a $350 million grant through Infrastructure Canada’s Zero Emission Transit Fund.
This grant will go toward:
- Purchasing Zero-Emission Buses (ZEBs) and related charging infrastructure.
- Installing overhead chargers and back-up generators at garages.
- Hydro upgrades to ensure there is sufficient power capacity at the facilities.
- New covered structures over existing exterior parking.
- Changes to facilities and equipment to maintain electric buses.
- Training for all staff and a program management office throughout the life of the project.